We're always looking for great talent. Check out our open jobs below.
Sunrise is 100% staffed by Certified Peer Support Specialists. To become a member of Sunrise’s team of Certified Peer Support Specialists, you will either need to already have your Peer Support Certification, or be willing to complete your certification within 90 days.
To become a Certified Peer Support Specialist:
- You will need to have been in recovery for at least one year. For the Peer Support Certification course application, you will need to provide two reference letters affirming this period of recovery.
- Complete 50 hours of training from a Certified Peer Support Course. Click HERE to find approved trainings in North Carolina. You can also sign up for Sunrise’s 50-Hour Peer Support Training HERE.
- Complete an additional 20 hours of trainings. Sunrise’s Peer University Program can provide these additional hours. Click HERE to learn more about our Peer University Program.
- There is no mandatory order in which to complete your required hours of training to become a Certified Peer Support Specialist. You can complete the 50-hour training before or after the 20-hour training.
- Questions? Call our main number at 828-552-3858
We’re looking for Certified Peer Support Specialist who can work on an “as needed” basis
Are you a NC Certified Peer Support Specialist looking to join a peer run organization with a solid team of peers?
Does your story include significant mental health and/or substance use challenges which you’ve overcome & are now thriving in your own wellness journey?
Sunrise Community is looking to fill a few PRN “as needed” positions to cover shifts for our housing programs in the Asheville area. Nights, weekends, holidays and/or 3rd shift availability is a plus.
We are currently looking to fill the third-shift PRN position at our Blair H. Clark Respite House. Your shift will be third-shift up to 36 hours a week at $23 an hour. Application details below.